Explore Our Spring 2021 Catalog!
- All Spring 2021 classes are online (no in-person classes)
Welcome to Spring 2021!
In this catalog, you’ll see much of what is familiar and loved at OLLI. Though many aspects of our lives continue to be a challenge, we can find gratitude in our ability to connect virtually face-to-face. At OLLI, we continue to work hard to provide you opportunities for on-going social engagement – so important in these social distancing times – and interesting, enriching, enjoyable learning opportunities.
We hope you join us in these new adventures that bring us together as we must stay apart and consider volunteering to assist our undertaking. Opportunities to assist during your Zoom classes include taking attendance, monitoring the chatbox, noticing members who wish to ask a question. Remember, you don’t just take classes at OLLI; you become a member of a lifelong learning community! Get involved!
Spring 2021 Overview
Though we still miss being in Krauss Hall, we are excited about the 50+ classes and special events (40 brand-new!) weʻre offering this term via Zoom. Almost half of our offerings start the first week of Spring term, so get ready to hit the ground running!
We’re especially pleased with the breadth of new classes, including:
- Island Hopping: Art & Culture of Micronesia
- Pioneers of Rock and Roll
- After the Plague: The Making of Early Modern Europe
- Proper Woman’s Work: The Women Behind the Artists
- S. Grand Strategy in the Indo-Pacific
- Conversations in Consciousness
- Practical Points for Pain Relief: Acupressure, Reflexology & Healthy Living
- Screenwriting, Storytelling, Film-craft and the Tapestry of Film Culture
These and 40+ more creative, thought-provoking, and engaging courses are sure to provide something for everyone, including new opportunities to get physical, relax, be artistic, greet old friends, and make new ones. Almost half of our offerings start the first week of Spring term, so get ready to hit the ground running!
Key Dates for Spring 2021
- Dec 21: Online registration begins. No in-person registration this term
- Dec 21-24: Help with registration available by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (call 956-2624)
- Jan 10: Spring Zoom Open House 1:00-3:00
- Jan 12: New Member Orientation 12:00-1:00
- Jan 19: CLASSES START
- Feb 14: OLLI Town Hall 2:00-3:30
- Feb 15: Presidents’ Day. No classes
- Mar 15-19: Spring Break. No Classes
- Mar 26: Prince Kuhio Day. No Classes
- Apr 2: Good Friday. No Classes
- Apr 16: Last Day of Spring classes
Preparing for Zoom
You will receive Zoom links for classes that you got into the day before each class. You only need to click on the link to enter the digital classroom. If your class has multiple sessions, you’ll use the same link every week the class meets. Staff will send out frequent reminders.
A Zoom account isn’t required to attend a class session, but you do need to download the app to your device. Anyone can attend a class session using their laptop or desktop, tablet, or smartphone. We’ll be providing Zoom tutorials, FAQ sessions, and troubleshooting issues that may arise.