Explore Our Summer 2021 Catalog!
- Most Summer 2021 classes are online; 4 outdoors, None on campus.
Welcome to Summer 2021!
As we slowly inch out of our COVID restrictions, receive our vaccinations, and begin to plan travel, OLLI-UHM will continue to offer predominately online courses for you this summer. We are cautiously adding a sprinkling of in-person outside activities that will be subject to the constantly evolving conditions, requirements and guidelines of the state, city & county, and university.
We hope you join us in new adventures that bring us together as we must stay apart, and consider volunteering to assist our undertaking. Opportunities to assist during your Zoom classes include taking attendance, monitoring the chat box, noticing members who wish to ask a question. Remember, you don’t just take classes at OLLI; you become a member of a lifelong learning community! Get involved!
Summer 2021 Overview
We are excited about the 60+ summer classes and special events (30+ brand-new!). New courses starting throughout the semester are sure to provide something for everyone; including new opportunities to get physical, relax, be artistic, greet old friends and make new ones.
We’re especially pleased at the breadth of new classes, including:
- Pandemics and Global Affairs
- Musical Adaptations from Shakespeare
- Dorothy Arzner to Chloe Zhao: Women Film Directors
- The Poet's Odyssey
- Science in the Media: Separating Science Facts from Science Fallacies in the Domains of Climate Science and Public Health
- Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment
- Summer Series on Peru: Art, History, and Travel
Key Dates for Summer 2021
- May 10: Online registration begins. No in-person registration this term
- May 10-14: Help with registration available. Email email@example.com make a phone appointment.
- May 16: Summer Zoom Open House 1:00-3:00
- May 18: New Member Orientation 12:00-1:00
- May 23: CLASSES START
- Jun 11: King Kamehameha Day. No classes
- Jul 5: Independence Day (Observed). No classes
- Aug 13: Last Day of Spring classes
Preparing for Zoom
A Zoom account isn’t required to attend a class session, but you do need to download the app to your laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone. You will be emailed Zoom links for your classes the day prior to each class. You just click on the link to enter the digital classroom. If your class has multiple sessions, you’ll use the same link every week. Zoom tutorials, FAQ sessions, and troubleshooting will be provided before and during the semester.